- 8 slices homemade-type bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ⁄ 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄ 4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, orange juice, and salt until well combined.
- Heat about 2 tsp.of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and lay in butter.(not you-the bread!).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook bread a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- (My pan holds 2 pieces at a time.) Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet, as needed.