- 1 (5 lb) rump roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (start with 1 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ⁄ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 instant Oxo or 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
- Remove the meat from the crockpot and place it on deep plate-to collect juice.
- Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
- Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
- Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
- (Remember to add the juices that drain off the meat).
- Heat Hoagie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
- Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual ramekins.