- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing.
- 1 teaspoon cumin. dash hot pepper sauce.
- 1/2 pound beef for fajitas, strips or chuncks.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels.
- 1/2 cup cooked kidney beans.
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced.
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded.
- 1 tomato, chopped.
- 6 to 8 cups salad greens.
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips.
Combine the cumin, hot pepper sauce and Italian dressing in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the dressing. In a separate bowl, add enough dressing to coat the beef and let marinate for 1 hour.
In a hot skillet, fry the beef and cook until done. Allow the beef to cool. In a medium bowl combine the beef with the corn, beans, onions and 1/2 cup of the dressing. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
To serve, toss the beef and vegetable mixture with the salad greens, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Add extra dressing if necessary and top with the crushed tortilla chips.